2.11.2010

shu uemura

Everyone has heard the raving reviews of shu uemura's eyelash curler (although, I have to admit, I am still a Shiseido fan when it comes to eyelash curlers) but since we don't have a shu uemura cosmetic counter at a department store - only available at Sephora - most of us Canadian gals have not had the opportunity to explore this internationally loved cosmetics line.

During my past trip to Asia, I added two new items to my regular skincare/make-up routine. The first is the eyebrow pencil that only releases pigment when it interacts with the oils in the brow hairs. The result is a very natural looking, smudge-proof and super defined eyebrows that will make even professional make-up artists stop and ask you what you use to sculpt your eyebrows (ahem, I'm speaking from experience):

The second item I picked up is the high performance balancing cleansing oil. I know the idea of cleaning your skin with oil doesn't seem to make a lot of sense, especially if you have combination or oily skin but trust me, this stuff works like a charm. Two to three squirts of this stuff removes all traces of waterproof make-up (so toss out those eye make-up removers and cotton pads!) and leaves the skin soft and supple. I tend to prefer a more squeakier feel to my skin so I follow this with just a normal drugstore brand facial cleanser (currently using Aveeno's face wash) and voila, I am ready for bed.

shu uemura - Eyebrow pencil (US22.00) and Cleansing Oil (US72.00)

1 comment:

  1. i also like the shiseido eyelash curler. b/c it's cheaper !!
    and i would recommend tattooing your eyebrows ;)

    ReplyDelete