2.21.2010

Eye Makeup Must-Haves

If you don't already have an account with MakeupAlley, you need to sign up for one here: http://www.makeupalley.com. Among other things, MakeupAlley offers member generated reviews on all sorts of beauty products so it's a great place to do some research on a product before you buy it. And if you're a product junkie like me and love trying out new products, you'll definitely want to visit MakeupAlley to do your due diligence before adding to your beauty arsenal.

Two products I've stumbled across while reading reviews on MakeupAlley are now a staple in my makeup bag. A pencil eyeliner that goes on smooth and stays put for a ridiculous amount of time yet is very easy to remove is Bourjois Liner Stylo:

This liner even comes with a built-in sharpener. I haven't had any luck finding a store that sells this in Vancouver (not even Sephora!) so I've been purchasing them off Ebay but the price should range between CAD8.00 - CAD12.00.

I don't use expensive mascara because I was once told by a makeup artist that drugstore brands are just as good (if not better) than the department store brands. I stick to L'Oreal or Maybelline and use waterproof mascara because the same makeup artist told me that waterproof mascara has better curling power for Asian eyelashes. But one item that I do splurge on is Clarin's Double Fix Mascara. A few swipes of this on top of my waterproof mascara seals it in place and come rain or shine, I don't have to worry about having raccoon eyes. You can also use it on its own to hold curls in place.

Clarins Double-Fix Mascara (CAD22.00 - 24.00)

No comments:

Post a Comment