2.25.2010

Cardboard Safari

I want a hand-carved, wooden deer head mount to hang over my fireplace. But the last time I checked the price of one, these things sell for CAD5,000.00 and up. So here's how I'm going to get what I want without breaking the bank:




These are made out of recycled cardboard and laser-cut for precision fit and easy assembly using slotted construction and sold by Cardboard Safari on Etsy.com (another site that you should bookmark if you've never heard of it before). And because they are made out of cardboard, you can decorate them with paint, glitter, wrapping paper or other carft materials. I'm going to paint mine in gold.

Unfortunately, Cardboard Safari's shop is closed at the moment but I plan on being at the front of the line when they re-open for business.
Go have a look and dig for hidden treasures on Etsy.com: http://www.etsy.com/shop/CardboardSafari.

2 comments:

  1. WOW ! Your house must be really show-stopping. I bet you even own one of those super-cool Sphere Chairs. Keep up the good work !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    And yes, we do have one of those super-cool Sphere Chairs. *wink*

    ReplyDelete